Many people who have never encountered the human papillomavirus are strongly advised, if possible, to pass an appropriate analysis to detect this disease. If the symptoms of pathology began to appear, then the delivery of such an analysis is a mandatory measure. A viral disease of this type in men and women can appear as a result of transmission from another person in the following ways:
- Unprotected sex (transmission by kissing is also possible - in case of wounds in the oral cavity and on the lips).
- During childbirth - from mother to baby.
- The virus can also enter the body of an unsuspecting person in the domestic area in places where there are many people: a public toilet, a swimming pool, a bathhouse. Therefore, it is strongly recommended not to use other people's hygiene items.
This disease is not transmitted genetically through DNA. Therefore, the main risk of infection is ignoring the basic rules of hygiene, with unprotected sexual contact, with thoughtless sexual intercourse, as well as a weak immune system. A certain increase in the risk of infection occurs when a person has bad habits.
Important!If there is no carrier, then in nature, the HPV pathogen cannot survive for a long time (less than 1 day), but usually this is enough to infect a person.
If you want to take a blood test for HPV, then you first need to contact the clinic, because one of the highly specialized doctors can issue the appropriate referral.
There are more than 100 types of HPV, and more than half of them do not pose any danger to humans, but some varieties are considered oncogenic, therefore, with prolonged development, they can cause cancer.
The papilloma virus is incredibly often transmitted from person to person sexually. Moreover, with unprotected contact, the probability of transmitting this particular virus is extremely high (compared to other STDs). In recent years, as doctors note, the number of cases has been increasing exponentially every year.
This disease is of particular danger for the weak half of humanity, because it often causes the development of cancer of the cervix, as well as other cancerous pathologies in women. The older the woman, the higher the risk of developing cancer. In men, the papilloma virus, developing in the genitourinary system, often leads to erection problems, irreversible infertility, and also to cancerous pathologies of the urogenital system. Therefore, preventive testing is the right and rational decision.
What analysis to pass on the human papillomavirus?
A highly specialized specialist can determine what type of analysis you need to pass and what actions you need to perform for this. You can get professional advice on this issue from a number of doctors: a dermatologist, urologist, gynecologist.
At the moment, there are several popular and effective methods that allow not only to identify the presence of a viral disease in a person, but also immediately attribute it to a certain type - safe or dangerous.
Important!You cannot independently determine which test to take in order to find HPV in yourself - only a doctor should do this. He will indicate the name of the analysis.
We highlight the following applied methods:
- Colposcopy. A colposcope is used to examine the cervix in detail. During the procedure, the doctor can look through the mucosa of the organ well, get a high-quality image of all places of interest, and even find miniature papillomas and warts (if any).
- Cytology. Cytology is a common method for detecting various pathological diseases of an infectious nature by examining a smear under a microscope. As a result of the study, you can get the results of different classes: the first and second classes will indicate that a person has no problems with this virus; the third class is the reason for undergoing clarifying studies (histology is usually prescribed); the fourth and fifth classes will indicate the presence of pathological cells. An infectious disease HPV using cytology is diagnosed if cells modified in a special way were found in a human smear.
- Histology, the study of biopaths. To examine a sample using this technology, a specialist takes a small part of his tissue from a person (it is difficult to say how they take it, because in each case it is different). Studies are performed under a microscope - modified cells that are affected by a viral infection are also looked for.
- Search for antibodies to HPV. One of the most modern and useful types of research. This is due to the fact that the method involves the search for antibodies to this infectious disease in human blood (partly it is a diagnosis). Antibodies in the human body will appear much earlier than the virus begins its vigorous activity. The method does not allow with a high degree of accuracy to identify the type of HPV pathology, and also does not indicate the concentration. Human blood, not tissue, is examined by the in vitro method.
- Digene testing. Modern innovative way to detect papilloma virus. With this technology, you can find out all the characteristics of the disease. To obtain material for research, a sample is taken from the mucous membrane of the urethra (men), vagina (women). Often this type of testing is prescribed in combination with cytology, so that it is possible to obtain the most accurate data on the existing pathology.
- PCR. The method is most in demand in cases where it is necessary to investigate the pathology of the papillomavirus with suspected oncology. According to this technology, a person donates blood, urine, a smear from the mucous membrane (which the doctor will indicate). The method is based on the detection of HPV DNA, so the results obtained regarding the presence of a disease in a person, or its absence, are incredibly high in accuracy. It is difficult to study the material using this method, therefore, there is a high probability of obtaining false results if the work is carried out by an inexperienced specialist, or there is a violation of the technology.
Important! Regardless of the type of test and method chosen, for people of any age, the study will be simple and painless.
In cases where testing involves taking material from the urethra or vagina, it is necessary to prepare in a certain way: a few days before this, you should stop taking any medications with an antiviral or antibacterial effect. A few hours before the sampling of biomaterial, you need to abandon any hygiene procedures, do not go to the toilet.
If blood is used to detect the virus, then the test should be taken on an empty stomach. If you are very thirsty, then you can drink some pure water without sugar and gas. In order not to get false results, a few days before the study, you must give up alcoholic beverages and fatty foods.
Important!A temporary refusal from sexual intercourse is also recommended for two to three days before the sampling of any type of biomaterial.
Any tests for the detection of the papilloma virus do not cause difficulties for both patients and doctors: they can be quickly and easily passed, and the results obtained will most likely indicate the presence or absence of pathology. At the same time, it is extremely important to diagnose the presence of the virus as early as possible, because the sooner treatment is started, the lower the risks of an oncological form of this pathology will be.
You can take an analysis of this type in any private laboratory, or get the appropriate referral from the state clinic at the place of registration. The interpretation of the obtained results can only be performed by a qualified specialist. You should not take the results obtained after the analyzes and study them using the Internet - nothing good will come of it - you will not be able to correctly diagnose yourself.